Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Upcycled Thumb Tacks!


I’m on a quest to beautifully organize the inside of our upcycled computer armoire. So, I took plain thumb tacks, gorilla glue and buttons to create decorative push pins for the bulletin board inside the armoire.



Materials:

Foam
(reused from a flower arrangement)

Gorilla Glue
(I always have this on hand)

Button Collection
(Everyone has one of these!)

Thumb Tacks

Rubber Gloves
(You don’t want to get Gorilla Glue all over your fingers! I know this from experience!)

My Steps:

1. Insert thumb tack in foam, leaving space between.



2. Pick out your most decorative buttons. My selection was kind of boring. Does that say something about my wardrobe?! I used 2-3 buttons per tack.


3. Pair up your buttons


4. One by one, place glue on tack, top with button. Place glue on next button and layer on top the first button. Continue for as many tacks as you would like. Be careful not to use too much glue. It only takes a little.



5. Let dry. I let mine dry overnight.


6. Voile, pretty push pins!






I made a few extra for my tiny bulletin board!  LOL








No comments:

Post a Comment